What are you passionate about? (share your interests)
What are you most interested in? Please choose 3 from this list, or note your own if you don't see it here: cooking, food events, Potlucks, outings, field trips, classes, lectures, workshops, study groups.
lectures, classes, outings
Are you a: Raw Foodist? Vegetarian? Vegan? Meat eater? Paleo? Ancestral? GAPS? Grain-Free. GMO-Free? Flexatarian?
People who meet here are dedicated to living a quality life, for health and happiness.
Join us and you'll see that we're passionate about a variety of ways to enrich our lives, share our wisdom and cultivate a community of like-minded folks. Although this Meetup group is local, its content is connected to the web in a variety of ways.
Many of us follow a neo-paleo lifestyle, which includes key aspects of many dietary styles based on the ancestral diet, Bulletproof Diet, ketogenic diet and others. Strategies include:
• reliance on low-carb vegetables as a dietary mainstay,
• nutrient-dense foods (not just mineral density in vegetables),
• dietary variability (intermittent and partial fasting, seasonal eating, rotation),
• food as therapy (diet as first principle for wellbeing),
• and conscious food choices (avoiding ruts and autopilot, bypassing cravings).
• metabolism (the "dance" of the body's molecules), and
• the body-brain-mind connection (spiritual health).
Events (please vote!) may include:
• themed potlucks (please read our food guidelines under the PAGES menu),
• outings (hikes),
• field trips (to farms, Farmer's markets, stores),
• lectures, classes, study groups,
• evenings with authors, speakers, film makers, etc., and
• Dialog Dinners with featured guests at the head of the table.
We'll post our own events, and those of others (for-profit and non-profit).
Most of our MeetUp events will be in the South Bay near Cupertino, but we do occasionally take a show on the road to Marin, the Walnut Creek area (where we used to live), and to other members' private homes when they want to host an event in their own backyard (or living room).