EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT PSYCHIATRY BUT WERE TOO PARANOID TO ASK
RSVP above now (It helps us know how to set up.)
Hiten Soni, M.D., is going to talk about the fundamentals of mental disorders — and what's wrong with all of us.
• What are the most common mental disorders and what are their symptoms?
• What happens in the psychiatrist's office?
• My ex-wife/husband always did (fill in the blank). What's the matter with him/her?
• How do I know if I have a mental illness?
• Do I need to see a psychiatrist or psychologist?
• What's the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?
• Is there a difference between a personality problem and a mental disorder?
• How do you get to be a psychiatrist?
• What happens to the psychiatrist after he/she listens to people's problems all day long?
• Does a psychiatrist need a psychiatrist?
And Dr. Soni will encourage you to ask any and all questions you may have. (This talk is not intended to diagnose or treat any person, but is intended for public education.)
Hiten Soni, MD is a licensed psychiatrist in the State of Missouri and Kansas. He has BS in Chemistry, MS in Environmental Engineering. He worked as an Environmental Engineer for the EPA and Pollution Control Board in Illinois for over 10 years. He went to medical school and earned his MD in 2007. He finished his internship at Saint Louis University and his residency at University of Missouri in Kansas City. Besides general psychiatry, he specializes in addiction, sexual dysfunction and couples therapy. He is in private practice in Lawrence, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri. He is active in the skeptics community and public education. He lives in Lawrence KS with his wife of 28 years, two children and two dogs.
Come early at 6:45 to get a good seat and get to know people.
Afterward, let’s continue our conversations at the nearby Blue Moose!
See you soon — Fred Heeren / [masked] /[masked]