Our first meeting!
We'll use this time to introduce ourselves and talk about the last psychology book we've read. Also I'll introduce the next book: The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal.
It will be located at Amity Hall. Since they are letting us use this space for free, please order some drinks while you are here so they'll let us come back again :)
8PM Intro and Ice Breaker
BOOK SELECTION: Each month the selected book will cover a different aspect of psychology. Areas we'll focus on in the next several months are:
- Behavioral psychology
- Behavioral economics
- Organizational psychology
- Positive psychology
- Dues: $1 per MeetUp event (Meet & Greets are free). Dues will be used for MeetUp fees, supplies, and misc. expenses.
- Time/Day: First Monday of every month, at 7:30pm.
- Location: For this first meeting, it will be at: Amity Hall
80 W 3rd St, New York, NY 10012
- Other: I'm looking into obtaining speakers in the field of psychology to speak to us. More to come.