Pulaski County LP Meetup Message Board › November PCLP meetin recap

November PCLP meetin recap

Debbie S.
user 37069302
North Little Rock, AR
Post #: 1
We had a great meeting at the main library in little rock last night!

We are planning something big for our December holiday party you don't want to miss ~ we'll be releasing more on that soon. If you didn't get a chance to join us for starbucks and pastries tonight, here's some of the business we discussed:

Presentation:

Mr. Whitehead is a Constitutional attorney who studied law in Arkansas and founded The Rutherford Institute in 1982. The interview discussed Mr. Whitehead's latest book "A Government of Wolves: The Rise of the Police State." I found it very interesting that, according to Mr. Whitehead, swat team raids have increased 3000% (three thousand percent) since the early 80's, yet crime rates have actually decreased by 50% during that same time period.

Old Business:

A majority voted to dispense with the reading of October's minutes.

I gave a report update on ballot access. The LPAR turned in petitions to the Secretary of State on Oct. 15th. The event was covered by THV11 as well as several local newspapers around the state. State Chair, and Jessica Paxton was interviewed on The Dave Elswick Show as well as Ozark At Large.

New Business:

A motion was passed to reserve our December meeting as a casual, Holiday meeting. Details for this event will be determined in the coming weeks.

We discussed the need for a social media volunteer and various ways that we currently utilize social media and idea of creating a "survey" to reach out to those who are currently unable to attend regular meetings. This survey will look to gain information about the specific types of volunteer opportunities that people are most interested in.

Mention was made of the PCLP again hosting an event in the Spring to introduce LPAR candidates shortly after our Convention on February 23-25.

Nathan LaFrance announced his intention to seek the LPAR nomination for Senate.

Scotty Willhite announced his intention to run for US Congress in the 1st District

I reintroduced our 3 gubernatorial candidates Shawn Hipskind, Frank Gilbert and Glen Schwarz

Announcements:

You must be a member of the LPAR by November 24th if you wish to vote on business and/or candidate nominations at the State Convention in February. Being a member of the National LP does not mean your are a member of the LPAR, if you are unsure of your membership status contact Rodger Paxton. You can join online or contact Rodger for a mail-in membership form.

I'll send out details on the December Holiday Meeting as soon as I have them. I hope to see you all there!