As per feedback in last Hadoop meetup, we are planning to host a Hadoop Hackathon on Saturday, 5th October.
This Hackthon will be a learning platform for all, where we can learn by doing things live. There are two track in this Hackathon:
1.) Hadoop Cluster Setup Stream: This stream is suited for people who are new to Hadoop and its Eco-system. In this stream we will form teams and try to setup a Hadoop cluster on machine. The objective of this stream is to get hands on basics of Hadoop.
2). Map Reduce Stream: This stream will try and solve a problem using Hadoop Map-Reduce Framework. We will be given a problem, data and a cluster where people can validate their solution. People in this stream should have basic knowledge about Hadoop. The objective of this stream would be to get hands on basic Map Reduce problem solving skills on Hadoop.
Please fill up this form so that we can get some more insight about the attendees.
Some Key Notes:
1.) ThoughtWorks will be sponsoring some unused old laptop for these events, so we can accommodate a limited number of people without laptops. We request people to carry laptop with them.
2). This is not a competition. This is just a meetup where people are expected to learn by trying out the technology.
3). We are searching for Map Reduce problem statement. so if you have something in mind, please ping me directly.
4). Laptop are must for Map-Reduce Stream. We will provide a cluster to run your map reduce job.
5). RSVP for this event is not open. We will open RSVP later.
6). This is a free Event. No charges.
1). Is there charges for this event?
- No. This event is free.
2). Can I attend only Map Reduce Stream. If yes then can i come later e.g 2 p.m ?
- Both the Stream will run in parallel. So you have to decide between one of the stream. You have to start from 9 am.
3). My Laptop is 9 year old. will it support hadoop cluster?
- Frankly even we don't know. Please bring your laptop, lets find out.
4). Any per-requisite for cluster setup stream?
- No. Though we expect you to know some basic concept of computers. :)
5). Will there be trainer for this event who can teach me about Hadoop/Map Reduce ?
- No, This is not a training event. It is a community event where people will try and learn by collaborating with each other. There will surely be some people who will have some experience regarding Hadoop and will be happy to solve you queries.
6). I have filled in the form but RSVP is closed for the event. Can I attend the event?
- RSVP got open by a default settings in the Meetup page. RSVP status will not be consider. We will put up the list of attendees and then ask for final confirmation. You will not get any confirmation except the Google form submit confirmation. We are going to publish list by Thursday evening/night. So please fill the form if you want to attend the event.