Programmers and software designers aiming to build their career in cutting edge front-end technologies.
Points to Ponder
- As these are hands-on workshops, participants having their own laptop and internet connection will be benefited most.
- The web app we are going to finally create can be seen at http://explore-venues.appspot.com
WORKSHOP 01 (15 Feb 2014):
Topic: Getting Started with Web Technologies
Objective: Creating and manipulating simple web pages
Prerequisites: Basic programing knowledge
• Introduction to Web and its evolution
• Web page basics and HTML tags
• Styling elements
• Introduction to DOM
• Simple DOM manipulation
• Responding to user actions
WORKSHOP 02 (22 Feb 2014):
Objective: Crating basic web applications
Prerequisites: Workshop 01 or equivalent
• Handling DOM events
• Getting data asynchronously via AJAX
• Simplify JS coding via CoffeeScript
• Writing JS classes (prototypes)
WORKSHOP 03 (01 Mar 2014):
Topic: Web 2.0+
Objective: Crating single page web applications
Prerequisites: Workshop 02 or equivalent
• Understanding MVC concepts
• Introduction BackboneJS and UnderscoreJS
• Using Backbone models, views and router
• Dealing with collections
• Custom events and their handlers
• Adjusting URLs for making browser buttons work
Akshay Mathur is the founding team member of wireless security leader AirTight Networks and of social shopping pioneer ShopSocially. In about 14 years of industry experience, he worked at different levels across various functions including development, testing and release management, He currently works as Principal Architect at ShopSocially.
Akshay shares technical knowledge on his blog, Github and Quora. The blog also has information about his previous sessions.
Registration Fees (per participant):
Workshop 01: Rs. 3000,
Workshop 02: Rs. 5000,
Workshop 03: Rs. 6000
CSI members: 5%,
Booking all 3 workshops together: 10%,
Booking Workshop 02 and Workshop 03 together: 5%
Mode of Payment:
Direct deposit in SBI at your nearest branch by Cash/Cheque /DD in favor of "Computer Society of India, Pune Chapter" Payable at Pune
through Net banking/(NEFT/RTGS).
Bank Account details for deposit of Fees:
Name of the Account: COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA, PUNE CHAPTER
Name of the Bank: State Bank of India
Address of the Bank: Erandawane, Karve Road Branch, Pune[masked] India.
Type of Bank Account: Savings Account
Bank Account No.:[masked]
NEFT / RTGS / IFSC Code: SBIN[masked], SWIFT CODE: SBININBB218, MICR Code:[masked]
1. Pay the Fees in SBI by any one of the modes given above.
2. After completing the payment, please send email to [masked] with subject line “Registration for the Single Page Web App Workshops” giving your name, email, cell number and the payment details like the cheque No. /Confirmation (UTR) number of the transaction for the payment.
3. On verifying the payment from our Bank, we will confirm the participation.