addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PyLadiesStockholm Message Board › Windows vs. Linux

Windows vs. Linux

Annie
user 88267242
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 1
Dear PyLadies in Stockholm,

Please help me with my major concern here!

Was thinking about trying the newcoder.io tutorials on a Windows computer, but I Heard that some of you had problems with installation during the PyLadies Stockholm launch event. Should I go for Cygwin or Virtual Box or similar instead? Would really appreciate suggestions and advice since I am not very used to cmd or emulators.

Thanks!
/Annie
Oxana S.
user 13998040
Stockholm, SE
Post #: 1
Hi Annie,

Sorry for such a late reply confused

I really think that having a virtual box with some easy to use Linux distribution, like Ubuntu or Debian, will make things easier for you!
it is possible to develop on windows too, but it is not as smooth for a new coder as Linux (Mac included) is.

/ Ox.