Qigong (chee-gong) is an ancient form of exercise with it’s origins in the Far East. It is the father of both Chinese Medicine and martial arts.
Qigong is a technique for gathering and circulating qi (aka, life force energy, chi, prana, ki) both within and around the body. By bringing together movement, intention, and breathing in a powerful way, Qigong builds strength and helps the body do what it wants to do - Be Healthy.
Qigong has many benefits. Some of them include (excerted from Qigong Training Manual by Jeff Primack):
- Improves the motion of blood, warms the blood and enhances whole body circulation
- Stimulates appetite, sexual function, assimilation of nutrients and digestion/ elimination
- Accelerates metabolism, weight loss, decreases need for sleep
- Bolsters the immune system by reducing cortisol, a known inhibitor of cytokine production
- Develops dexterity, reflexes, and prevents Osteoporosis in clinical studies
- Opens arteries allowing greater brain based microcirculation to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- Enhances mental acuity, focus, and concentration. The Qi draws focus and trains the mind.
- Helps us to calm down, relax and become more peaceful.
- Harness the power of True Source - remarkably improves results of hands on healing, such as Reiki, and helps spiritual growth.
This is a group for people who want to learn more about Qigong and to experience practicing Qigong in groups. This meetup is for both beginners and those who've already been practicing Qigong a while.
All of our organizers are certified Supreme Science Qigong Instructors (www.qigong.com).