6:30 - 7:00PM Arrive & Socialize
7:00 - 8:30PM Intros, Show & Tells, Q&A
8:30 - 9:00PM Informal Chat + ideas for future meetups
Show & Tells
- Drake Pruitt - Passive monitoring - used anonymized smartphone data to predict and track the progression of Parkinson's
- Erica Davis - Senti.us - tracking my mood along with other personal metrics for about a year and a half as a part of my new venture. My coworkers and I have recently launched an iPhone app that quantifies and tracks mood data
- Marko Vasiljevic - Vimify - A social leaderboard supporting multiple tracking devices - interested in sharing personal discoveries
- Mark Krynsky - Digital preservation - How to Preserve, Prepare, and Produce Your Digital Legacy
- Luis Goncalves - Built his own 2 channel EKG system, with which he records nightly, and then analyze to estimate basal metabolic rate, heart rate, breathing rate, dream episodes, waking events, and the occasional irregular heartbeat.
Venue graciously provided by Factual (http://www.factual.com/). Factual is a location platform that enables personalized and contextually relevant mobile experiences by enriching mobile location signals with definitive global data. Factual’s real-time data stack builds and maintains data on a global scale, with Factual's core Global Places data covering over 65 million local businesses and points of interest in 50 countries. Factual’s platform also informs location with contextual demographic and commercial data, and offers cleaning and mapping services for business listings and points of interest.
The best place for attendees to park is at the Westfield Century City Mall. Please note that they no longer offer free parking for the first 3 hours. Parking rates are as follows:
0 to 3 hours: $1.00 per hour
3 to 5 hours: $1.00 every 15 minutes
5 hours or more: $24.00
Daily maximum: $24.00
The Factual building is a short easy walk: Exit from the mall parking garage up to ground level, head east, pass the Lens Crafters, and you'll be able to enter the west side of 1801. Then just hit the elevators to go up to floor 14, and Factual is in Suite 1450.
Food & Drinks
Food and drinks will be provided. In order to cover costs we'd ask that you consider making a ($) donation - a link will be provided on the meetup page to contribute via Paypal or you can donate in person. Thanks in advance!