|I think all of these sound fantastic!|
"Vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias"
To live with fear is a life half-lived.
Fran, Strictly Ballroom
--- On Sat, 6/3/10, Paul <[address removed]> wrote:
From: Paul <[address removed]>
Subject: [QuantumPhysicsMeetupGroup] Proposed Set of Talks and Meetings - please give views
To: [address removed]
Date: Saturday, 6 March, 2010, 14:33
Having seen the great ideas put forward by the group, I wish to promote the following set of QM topics to discuss in the following three months, spaced 3 weeks apart.
1) Special Topic - Quantum Computing
2) The Ultraviolet Catastrophe, the Photoelectric Effect and the Quantization of Light
3) The Young's Double Slit experiment and the Collapse of the Wavefunction
4) Debate - Different Interpretations of Wavefunction Collapse (Copenhagen Interpretation, Non-local Hidden Variables, Many-Worlds, Transactional, Decoherence, Observer/Consciousness-caused Collapse)
5) The structure of atoms, energy levels, particle spin and the Pauli Exclusion principle.
6) Quantum Entanglement between particles, the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox and Bell's Theorem
Meetings 3-4 will include discussions on deterministic vs. uncertainty/probablistic views on Wavefunction Collapse, proposed multiple
universes and histories and the effect of the observer.
Since there are a number in the group with a good knowledge of quantum mechanics and cosmology, and in the interests of having a group in which everyone has an involvement, I'd also like those who are interested to lead talks, debates and discussions on QM&C-related subjects of their choice. If any of you would like to become assistant organisers and help in the direction and running of the group and meetups, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please give me your views on these.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY
", your message will be sent to everyone
on this mailing list ([address removed]
This message was sent by Paul ([address removed]) from Quantum Physics and Cosmology Meetup Group
To learn more about Paul, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click hereMeetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]