align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Quarter Life Crafters (20s and 30s) Message Board › Crafts + History = Event Idea?

Crafts + History = Event Idea?

A former member
Post #: 1
I saw a neat lecture/slideshow coming up at KCLS in several locations, "Pioneer Quilts and the Oregon Trail", and since I'm going I thought others in the group might be interested as well. I mean who doesn't love a Craft-Inspired History Lesson!
Details Below:

Pioneer Quilts and the Oregon Trail
http://www.kcls.org/e...­
Presented by Susan Olds, Art Historian
The thousands of women and their families who braved the dangers of the
Oregon Trail in the mid-1800s left an amazing legacy in their quilts.

This program, presented by art historian Susan Olds, will feature true stories of intrepid women quilters who braved the westward migration of the 1800s. Learn how women coped with harsh frontier conditions and kept their connections to home through their quilt-making.

Sammamish Library
Wednesday, March 7 from 7-8:30pm

North Bend Library
Sunday, March 11 from 1:30-3pm

Fairwood Library
Tuesday, March 13 from 7-8:30pm

Covington Library
Tuesday, March 20 from 7-8:30pm

Kirkland Library
Saturday, March 24 from 2-3:30pm

Kent Library
Saturday, March 31 from 2-3:30pm

Des Moines Library
Sunday, April 29 from 2-3:30pm
A former member
Post #: 1
This sounds really cool. I'd be in to going. which date are you planning on?
A former member
Post #: 2
I was planning on going to the Kirkland Library one on Saturday, March 24 from 2-3:30pm. We could carpool if you want. :)