Quarter Life Crafters Message Board › Quarter-Lifers

Quarter-Lifers

jessica
user 32906862
Snohomish, WA
Dear Quarter-Lifers,

Hello and how are you? This group has turned into a roaring success, and Trilby and I love running it! We are looking for your suggestions, ideas and input. Did you know that you too can suggest crafting events? Go to the suggested tab and suggest away. If three members are stoked on the idea then it becomes an event. We do reserve the right to veto anything that isn't safe or appropriate, but I'm sure that wont be an issue.

Tips on creating events:

~Always ask the venue you have in mind if you can have an event there. Be sure to give them the time frame and a guess of how many people might show. (North of Lynnwood a good guess is around 5. Seattle area around 8)

~Have a theme in mind, or if you have a skill you would like to share be sure to advertise it. Our crafters love to learn.

~If you plan on hosting at a restaurant/coffee shop be sure to buy some food for yourself (you don't have to feed every crafter coming). Positive relations start with a mutual benefit (aka, nobody likes a squatter).

~If you are thinking of hosting an event at your house I recommend coming to some other QLC (Quarter-Life Crafters) events first. There hasn't been any stranger danger in this group yet, but people will be hesitant coming to your house if they haven't met you yet.

For those of you who haven't had luck in coming to events this is your time to shine! Please let us know what days, times, and types of events work best for you. We are open to ideas and want to create the best events possible. Please join the Facebook group, message us on this groups message board or straight up email us.

Here's to more awesome QLC events!

Cheers,

Jessie

Jacqueline M.
user 12741373
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 7
I really like the images! And the idea of us welding and riveting at Meetups!