¿Qué tal? Milwaukee Spanish Language Meet Up Message Board › changes to our basic format

changes to our basic format

A former member
Hello everyone,

Earlier, I sent out an email regarding potential changes to the format of our group. At our last Meetup, we discussed and finalized decisions about how to (hopefully) better structure the group.

Que Tal Beginners

This group will continue to do some teaching of basic grammar, but will also focus on basic-intermediate conversation. I will post a series of topics every 3-6 sessions so that you can decide if it is a topic you're interested in discussing or not. I have already posted topics through the month of August. The hour will be split into a basic review of the grammar point and a conversation exercise. The primary language will be English, unless we are practicing. If you're just starting to learn Spanish, or are uncomfortable speaking in Spanish, this is the group for you.

Que Tal Conversation

This group will focus on Spanish-only conversation. Anyone is welcome to come and listen, but we will ask that everyone try to speak exclusively in Spanish. This is not to say that we will expect perfect or even advanced Spanish. However, we know that the best way to really practice and hone a language is to speak it without relying on English. If you're intermediate to advanced and are interested in speaking with other Spanish speakers, or if you're interested in listening and 'absorbing' the language, this is the group for you.

Sunday Groups

Shelby will continue to organize groups in Shorewood as she is able. When you see an event posted, feel free to give her feedback about what to do that week; she's open to ideas! Last Meetup, they played Spanish Scrabble.

Special Events

We will continue with our goal to do 3-4 special events each calendar year.

If you have any questions or comments about these changes, please let Emily know.

Thanks,

Emily, organizer

ejpalmer85@gmail.com