|From:||Marcia L. M.|
|Sent on:||Wednesday, August 8, 2012 10:15 AM|
The NYC Health and Hospital Corporation’s Office of Behavioral Health is looking for Peer Wellness Coaches to work within our facilities with a per diem schedule. Send questions/applications to Linda Richard at (212)[masked] or [address removed].
Peer Health Coach Functional Job Description
NYC Health and Hospital Corporation
Functional Job Description
1. Distributes and uses the Guide to Keeping Healthy after the Hospital © booklet in groups with consumers on inpatient units and within ambulatory care services.
2. Uses one's personal experience as a mental health consumer in role modeling recovery and providing hope for other consumers.
3. Shares with the consumers their own personal skills that they use to stay out of the hospital.
4. Engages consumers and helps motivate them to set positive goals for their health and wellbeing. Also helps them to better understand the purpose and benefit of being in the hospital.
5. Assists consumers in seeking clarification about the treatment and recovery process.
6. Promotes wellness and recovery by assisting consumers, in an individual and/or group setting, to identify their strengths and goals and to promote the notion of empowerment.
7. Assists consumers in identifying their own individual warning signs of relapse and identifying and developing individual coping strategies.
8. Assists consumers in identifying the causes of what brought them into the hospital and how they can learn how to stay out of the hospital.
9. Engages consumers in the models that are utilized in the Guide to Keeping Healthy after the Hospital © booklet.
10. Assists consumers in developing skills intended to improve:
• mental health,
• substance abuse,
• physical health,
• activities of daily living (ADL), and
11. Links consumers with peer support and social support networks in the community that is provided in the Guide to Keeping Healthy after the Hospital © booklet.
12. Documents in accordance with program requirements, in a timely manner.
13. Maintain a rapport with assigned Nurse Liaison upon entering and exiting the inpatient unit.
14. Peer Health Coach is supervised by the Consumer Affairs Coordinator.
15. Participates in a bi-weekly team supervision to obtain information and resources for consumers and staff.
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; and
2. Currently of formerly attended a training program which guides them through working with consumers in the community.