Tonight we will make inexpensive lightboxes to photograph items and then spend some time having fun taking pictures!
• I'll have about 2 dozen 18 inch square boxes. Please make sure to RSVP that you are coming by Tuesday night so I'll know if I need to get more boxes.
• I'll pick up a couple packs of white tissue paper at Dollar Tree to bring in. You can also use tracing paper or a white shower curtain if you wanted something a little more durable.
• You will need to bring in your own photo lights, flashes, or even standard desk lamps that can be placed on either side or above the box to produce the desired lighting effect. I think Ocean State Job Lot also has inexpensive clip on spotlights in the hardware dept, or at least they used to.
• I will bring in some shells to photograph and pick up a small bouquet of flowers. Some other great ideas might be matchbox or model cars, watch gears, coins, fruit or veggies, old keys, and I bet you could come up with a lot more to bring in. You can reply below to say what you are bringing so everyone doesn't bring in the same thing.
• I'll bring in a scotch tape, packing tape, a ruler, scissors, and a couple box cutters, but if anyone can bring in some extra so we have more to go around, that would be great, too. One idea I saw used blue colored cellophane on top to change the mood of what they were photographing. I'll have to check Dollar Tree for some.
Don't forget that Thursday night is the last night to pay your club dues and still get the $50 gift card to Nations Photo Lab that expires Nov 1. I thought they did a great job on the photos I brought in for the photo competition at the last meeting. I really liked the metallic paper, although it looked more like a pearl paper to me. It really made the black and white pop.
Make sure to bring in your Focus on Nature entries if you haven't already dropped them off at the Audubon, because drop off ends on Saturday and pictures will be judged on Wednesday, Oct 23rd! Are there a couple volunteers that can be there starting a little before 1:00 to help move photos to be judged?
One last important note: The Ocean State International Exhibition closes soon. We need at least 5 more entries from our club so that we qualify for the $5 reduced entry fee. Each individual may enter up to 4 digital images of anything. If you indicate on your entry you are a member of QVPC the entry fee (payable by Paypal or credit card) is only $5. If 6 members do not enter, those that do will be given the opportunity to pay the extra $3 or have entry disqualified. Go to http://PSRI.us and click on Ocean State Exhibition to enter. Good luck to all who enter!
See you Thursday night and don't forget your camera!