Quranic Reflection Message Board › Meetup Plan, Rules and Suggestions
Please find below Meetup Plan, Rules and Suggestions. These are also posted on the "About" section of the web page on the upper left.
1) Recitation: Start with an audio or video recitation of the Surah in Arabic.
2) Introduction of the presenter: The Presenter of the day is introduced and handouts of his/her presentation are distributed among the members.
3) Translation: A member other than the presenter reads the English translation aloud.
4) Presentation: The presenter then discusses prepared findings on the Surah.
5) Questions and Comments: After the presentation every member gets the chance to ask questions or comment.
6) Share Personal Findings: Every member is then encouraged to share his/her personal findings in regard to the Surah.
7) Follow Up Items: Discuss follow-Up items from prior meetup (This includes unanswered questions and validation/confirmation of our references made from the Quran).
8) Supporting Material: If time permits, watch supporting lectures or documentary related to the Surah from renowned scholars.
1) Any references made to Arabic expressions should be explained and translated in English. (This is because the group is multi-lingual and some people may not understand Arabic).
2) Any references made to Quran should be validated and confirmed by the Surah and/or the Verse of the Surah if not at that meetup, then in the next meetup (to ensure accuracy of such references).
3) Respecting each others' opinions is very important even when there are differences. This group fosters a friendly and respectful environment focusing on exchange of ideas. A difference in opinion should be conveyed in an appropriate and non-confrontational way.
4) Controversial matters will be discussed with religious scholars.
1) Try to retain/remember as much as you can of the Surah that is discussed.
2) Try to retain/remember the questions related to the Surah that either remain unanswered or need further clarification so that they can be addressed in our discussion.
3) Keep the context and the background of the surah in mind for better understanding and when pondering over a verse, keep the previous and next verse in perspective for correct comprehension.
4) Share enlightening thoughts and ideas with the group so that we may all grow intellectually and spiritually.
5) Understand that group members may have different opinions but there may be blessing in such differences. God has created every person differently and provided them different capabilities and capacities of understanding. We all may look at the same thing from different angles but all strive with varying degrees of success to reach an enlightened conclusion.
May Allah Guide us all to the straight path. AMEN.