|Sent on:||Friday, February 14, 2014 10:55 AM|
Bryan Lewis, accomplished R developer, high performance computing expert, entertaining speaker and serial speaker at BARUG meetings is giving a free webinar on SciDB next week. This should be of interest to anyone working with large data sets in R.
Bigger Analytics without Big Hassles: In-Database Scalable R & Python
From renowned MIT database researcher and entrepreneur Mike Stonebraker
Data scientists just want to do fast, interactive exploratory analytics on all kinds of data—without thinking about whether data fits in-memory, about parallelism, force-fitting it into a table, or pulling it out of a file and formatting it for math packages. You’d also like to use your favorite analytical language and have it transparently scale up to Big Data volumes.
Paradigm4 presents a webinar about SciDB—the open source, array database with native scalable complex analytics, programmable from R and Python.
• Tuesday February 18th, 2014 at 1pm EST
Bryan Lewis, Chief Data Scientist
Alex Poliakov, Solutions Architect
Learn how SciDB enables you to:
• Explore rich data sets interactively
• Do complex math in-database—without being constrained by memory limitations
• Perform fast multi-dimensional windowing, filtering, and aggregation
• Offload large computations to a commodity hardware cluster—on-premise or in a cloud
• Use R and Python to analyze SciDB arrays as if they were R or Python objects
• Share data among users, with multi-user data integrity guarantees and version control
Shift. Accelerate. Discover. Register