addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

RC Photo Club Message Board › Regarding to Photomatix

Regarding to Photomatix

Richard L.
udeupa
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Post #: 1
For those who are using Photomatix,

After last night's meeting, I decided to download a free trial of Photomatix (Photomatix Pro 4.0.2 (64-bit)), I tried both 32bit(work PC) and 64bit(home PC), but I found this software is really easy to crash. After time I insert 3 photos tried to run HDR, 85% of time the program will stop response and terminated by itself. I am wondering if it is due to the trial version. I have tried this program on 3 computer, both 32 and 64 bit, the results are the same. I don't want to spend money on full version if it is acting like this. Please feed me with your experience, appreciated.

Richard Lee
Robert L.
ralarock
Hesperia, CA
Post #: 22
Richard,
I use Photomatix 32bit, both the trial and professional versions, and it works for me on my Windows 7 Ultimate Intel Quad 2, 2.4GHx PC with 4GB of ram.
Bob
Yvette W.
YvetteW
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Post #: 5
Richard,

I downloaded Photomatix Pro 4.1.1 trial version this past week, and I have had no problem with crashing. I've used jpg files and raw files (with the highest resolution settings on my 16 MP camera) with no problem at all. I'm running Windows 7, 32-bit, and my Dell computer is at least 4 years old.

Not sure why you're having problems. Maybe start with the obvious (delete the program, run a virus scan, do a disk cleanup, defrag the hard drive(s), and then upload the program again). That might clear up the problem.

Good luck!

~Yvette
Richard L.
udeupa
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Post #: 2
Thank you for the feedback. I think it was conflict with some program running in background, Photomatix is working ok now after I deleted some unknown "start up" programs by using "msconfig".