Speaker: Chris Bortlik, SharePoint Insider, Microsoft
Chris Bortlik works at Microsoft as a SharePoint technology specialist. He works with Enterprise customers and partners in the Northeast in a pre-sales technical role.
Chris is a SharePoint “Insider” within Microsoft and works closely with the SharePoint product team. He holds the SharePoint 2010 MCITP and MCTS certifications.
Chris speaks frequently at Microsoft events (including the SharePoint Conference) and SharePoint Saturday and user group meetings. Chris is a contributing author of the "Essential SharePoint 2010" book. He also publishes a blog on TechNet.
Prior to joining Microsoft in 2008, Chris was a customer for 14 years working in technical IT architect, development and management roles – primarily leading .NET and SharePoint related projects.
Chris holds a Bachelor degree in Computer Science from Wentworth Institute of Technology and an MBA with MIS concentration from the Bentley University McCallum Graduate School of Business.
Outside of blogging, Chris is also active on social networking sites includingLinkedIn and Twitter.
How to Improve Your SharePoint Governance
Learn how to take your SharePoint governance to the next level. We will cover topics including:
- Why governance is important
- Why you need a solid SharePoint information architecture
- Why it’s important to consider inheritance
- How to use content types
- How retention policies can be applied
- The concepts around SharePoint security management (Activity Directory groups, SharePoint groups)
- How Microsoft enables self-service and information classification for collaboration sites