addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

RPG Chicago Message Board Groups looking for Players › Gamers Wanted for Fantasy, Gothic, Investigation Campaign

Gamers Wanted for Fantasy, Gothic, Investigation Campaign

BC
user 42763752
Chicago, IL
Post #: 15
I'd like to get a group together or join an existing group of people playing Shadows of Esteren? If you play, or would like to start, let me know.

Here's the synopsis of the game for those who aren't familiar:

Shadows of Esteren is a medieval role-playing game, with a horrific and gothic influence. Drawing inspiration from Celtic myths, this universe has a discreetly fantastic side hidden under a bleak, realistic surface. This world is populated with humans who have to cope with tough daily lives, and face a supernatural threat lurking in the dark. With the focus of its adventures being investigation and survival, Shadows of Esteren favor an immersive mood and interactions among the Players.

Let me know if you want to play.

EDIT: Location is on the border of Roscoe Village and Lake View.
Storycrafter
user 2431689
Round Lake, IL
Post #: 302
Location?

For those who are interested - it looks like a whole system unto itself, and is related to a recent kickstarter.
BC
user 42763752
Chicago, IL
Post #: 16
Location is border of Roscoe Village and Lake View.

Yes Esteren is its own game system and setting. It's similar to d20, but uses a d10. It's also much simpler so that the mechanics stay out of the way so you can focus on characters, story, and mood.
John A.
user 10265158
Chicago, IL
Post #: 11
I'd be interested to know more and possibly play. I'm relatively inexperienced at role playing games having played half dozen sessions of D&D and Pathfinder over the last few months. I know a little about Shadows of Esteren setting but not much beyond that.
BC
user 42763752
Chicago, IL
Post #: 17
I'd be interested to know more and possibly play. I'm relatively inexperienced at role playing games having played half dozen sessions of D&D and Pathfinder over the last few months. I know a little about Shadows of Esteren setting but not much beyond that.
If you want to know more about the game, book 0 gives a nice short overview. You can download it free at http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/109112/Shadows-of-Esteren---Book-0-Prologue­

You may want to skip the scenarios though just in case the GM runs us through them.
John A.
user 10265158
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
Cool thanks. I'm looking at it now. Let me know if a group gets set up.
BC
user 42763752
Chicago, IL
Post #: 18
I'll let you know when I hear from more people. Seems not many people have heard of SoE, so the replies are a little slow.
Derek K.
user 12283559
Chicago, IL
Post #: 11
Wow, that setting sounds incredibly interesting. Count me in!
BC
user 42763752
Chicago, IL
Post #: 19
Sounds good. So are either of you interested in GMing?
Derek K.
user 12283559
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
I have only GM'd once and that was with a pre written storyline from a book, so doing one from scratch seems a bit of a stretch for me.