RTP AI / Machine Learning / Semantic Web / BigData Meetup Message Board › Big Data Architect for RSA / EMC in RTP
|A former member||
Founded in 1982, RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration.
RSA helps the world’s leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.
The RSA R&D team in RTP, North Carolina is the centerpiece of the Security Division of EMC that is developing cutting edge next generation technology for it’s market leading eGRC platform.
GRC market for platforms is conservatively estimated to be approximately 1 to 1.5B and growing 20 to 25% CAGR.
This elite R&D team offers tremendous career upside providing innovative solutions for this dynamic high growth market.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated Big Data Architect with hands-on prior experience in driving architectural implementations of complex enterprise applications to join our world class engineering team.
As a Big Data Architect, you will be involved in all aspects of product development - detailed design, implementation, and debugging.
• Architect, design and implement the next generation highly scalable, sophisticated analytical server applications for Big Data.
• Define and direct the technical framework of the persistence, analytics and reporting models.
• Ensure new feature design falls within architectural guidelines and take ownership of all aspects of the data model.
• Apply industry best practices to design and development.
• Estimate effort required to design and implement complex features.
• Write functional and technical specifications that ensure the application is secure.
• Investigate new technologies and incorporate into the platform as justified.
• Define HA and DR standards.
• Work closely with product management, development, and QA teams to deliver high quality solutions.
• Assist in hiring engineering team members.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in data architecture disciplines (data modeling, architecture and integration).
• Expert level knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB, Neo4j, Hadoop) with a strong relational background.
• Expert-level architecture experience in Big Data analytics, Hadoop, Hive, HBase with large data volume.
• Expert on distributed computing design patterns such as MapReduce.
• Expert level of knowledge in data security practices.
• Expert level of knowledge in big data mining, analytics, reporting and ETL.
• Expert understanding of working with large data sets and designing data-intense enterprise security applications.
• Experience with developing enterprise systems using ORM like hibernate, Web Services, XML and REST.
• Experience with software effort estimation best practices and tools.
• Great understanding of common architectural and design patterns and the ability to establish high quality practices among the team members.
• Self-directed learner driven to build the best customer experience possible.
• High energy, passionate team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a geographically distributed team.
• Experience with GreenPlum servers is a plus.
• Operational experience with NoSQL client installations.
• Test driven development advocate with experience using Agile tools like Wikis and Version One.
• Experience with the entire product life cycle from inception to general availability.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience