Road & Track Riders of Chicago [RTRC] Message Board › Anybody up for a friday or saturday night meetup?

Anybody up for a friday or saturday night meetup?

Closed to new replies

Matt C.
user 54130262
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 15
Good points all, Rich. The organizer would have to make a few calls to prospective venues to see if they could accommodate us.

I'm not lobbying hard for Countryside, but it's a very family-friendly place. My daughter had two of her high school water polo banquets there and we've been to numerous little league and kids' birthday parties there over the years.

One other thing that would be cool about a Bike Evening (lol) is that folks could stop in after their individual day rides to compare notes.

Rich, I think you should call or, better yet, visit a couple of spots to see if they could accommodate us. I think if you talk to people face to face, they will not be quite so worried (if they are) about a biker group. If you decide to visit, let me know and I might meet you there.
William M.
user 126856352
Naperville, IL
Post #: 2
I agree with you on that Matt C. Rich if you are wanting to meet up with a few places, I would new willing to ride along also what area are you looking at that you are wanting to look at. I can start making calls and see if they would be willing to accommodate us.
Terb W.
user 13191924
Skokie, IL
Post #: 13
I think the paranoia regarding Friday or Saturday night meet-ups is being a bit overblown.

As to a location, there is a Portillos next door to Schaumburg CycleGear on Golf that has "hosted" bike nights for CycleGear. Maybe Cyclegear would give us discounts that night too...
Rich B.
user 82502412
Chicago, IL
Post #: 9
Terb I agree the paranoia thing is a bit overblown..never stopped me from ridin' out on the weekend but others may not feel the same. Motorcycles are risky business no matter what time or day as we all know...it's a given. Matt I like your idea about scopin' out somewhere face to face as we could get and give a better impression and it would be awesome to meet to check it out. And William the thought about Cycle Gear crossed my mind but we already have a bike night at Frato's in Schaumburg, and we meet for brunch in Schaumburg also for Sunday once a month (If that's still on the schedule). The location isn't very accommodating to our friends north, south or the city. People may start to believe we're the Road and Track Riders of Schaumburg as opposed RTRC...That's why I was proposing something more centralized so it was easy for all members to get to without anyone having to travel too far. I like the Portillo's idea and there is one in Elmhurst (and from passing there before they have a big open lot) which is pretty much centrally located on RT83. Perhaps we should consider checkin' that one out if we can all agree on and investigate that establishment and location. I just wanted to try and figure this out with everyone's input before summer..thanks everyone...
Vern H.
SmartBiker
Chicago, IL
Post #: 20
there 2 portillos, one in villa pk, rt83 and st charles rd and one on 75th st and rt83....
Rich B.
user 82502412
Chicago, IL
Post #: 10
The one in Villa Park was the one I had in mind @St.Charles and rt83 (when I said Elmhurst) and the one on 75th and rt83 sounds good too but may a little too far for our friends from the north (thanks Vern)... When it gets a little warmer we should pick a day and check them both out in April or early May....If we can make this happen we should try to schedule it 2 weeks opposite of the Frato's meetup to split it up a bit...but not the night before Sunday brunch. Does this sound like something that is potentially do-able????....Any thoughts from our fearless leaders Beth and Bogdan?...
Vern H.
SmartBiker
Chicago, IL
Post #: 21
if you really want to get adventurous and really ride, bike nights will be starting up in april at the Quaker Steak and Lube in portage indiana. usually its 500 to 1000 bikes show up on wednesday nights. good food, live bands and bike shows. afterwards i ride over to indiana dunes lakeshore for a view of the city from across the lake.
Rich B.
user 82502412
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
Vern...with all due respect and as good as it sounds, I live in Elgin and on a Wednesday it would not be practical for me to fight traffic for 2 hours to get there. I work at night M-Th.... and that was the main reason I was trying to spark some interest in a weekend 'Bike Evening' (as Matt previously put it) since I cannot attend the Frato's bike night and CPA was out...(read my original post....)
Matt C.
user 54130262
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 16
I'm up for almost anything. If the location is close to me, I'm sure I will attend a Saturday Bike Night. Portillo's seems pretty good, but dedicated bike parking could be a little problem and not all of them have outdoor seating, which would be nice. I think we could check out a few spots in spring (and we wouldn't have to check them out at the proposed meetup time/day) and then decide. I do kind of like the idea of an independent place (like a Frato's) as opposed to a chain (like CBiP), but again, I'm up for anything. Keep up the good work, Rich. :)
Vern H.
SmartBiker
Chicago, IL
Post #: 22
Rich, thought you were in chicago, sorry. we may be able to meet and ride to QSL on a fri or sat still, just to check it out, since weds dont work for you. its a very motorcycle friendly place