Road & Track Riders of Chicago [RTRC] Message Board › Anybody up for a friday or saturday night meetup?

Anybody up for a friday or saturday night meetup?

Closed to new replies

Rich B.
user 82502412
Chicago, IL
Post #: 13
I like your idea Matt about meeting up and checking a few places out in person. When it gets a little warmer I'll give a shout out so we can organize a day and time. I have no problem doin' this if the skies are clear. Even if I were to 'host' a meetup I wouldn't show if it was rain as that's no fun for me anymore and dangerous. I know there are people in our group who don't mind riding in the rain...I just don't happen to be one of them. I'm still open to additional ideas between now and then... rb
Matt C.
user 54130262
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 17
We can always cage it for our initial visits, if weather dictates. Looking forward to it either way. Just let us know when and where. biggrin
Beth
ME_with_a_B
Group Organizer
Bolingbrook, IL
Post #: 227
With regards to QS&L in Portage, we used to do Bike Night there once a month (before Frato's) but participation from RTRC was terrible due to the distance/location - and only having 2 or 3 riders attending wasn't engaging enough - so we changed venues. Plus, the QS&L crowd is TONS of Harleys (and there was quite a bit of alcohol consumption BY RIDERS going on - not something we felt was the proper atmosphere for our community). There will be another Wednesday Bike Night added back to the calendar, to replace CIP as a central location. Looking somewhere around Lombard, Glen Ellyn, Aurora, etc.
Rich B.
user 82502412
Chicago, IL
Post #: 14
I won't be at any Wednesday Bike Nights...no matter where it is. That is why I was investigating a Saturday (early evening)meetup to see if there were any members interested. It appeared as though there were.
Beth
ME_with_a_B
Group Organizer
Bolingbrook, IL
Post #: 228
I understand your conflict, Rich, we're sorry you aren't able to make those! crying

But just incase anyone is looking at the calendar and wondering -- we're planning to keep the same schedule as what has worked in the past -- Bike Nights on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month.

And I'm super excited to see where you guys land for the additional Bike Night on Saturdays!! biggrin You might just want to pick a spot, see how it goes the first month, and if it's not the best -- go elsewhere the next month until you find a "favorite" spot.
Rich B.
user 82502412
Chicago, IL
Post #: 15
Beth, Please let me know if Sunday Brunch is still on the schedule because it kinda' doesn't make sense to do a trial Saturday Night Bike Night the night before. thanks
Beth
ME_with_a_B
Group Organizer
Bolingbrook, IL
Post #: 229
Yes you bet Sunday Brunch is still on the calendar! biggrin That's one of my favorite events! ('cuz I get to eat PANCAKES) shock tongue love struck
William M.
user 126856352
Naperville, IL
Post #: 3
Sorry Rick to do this, Beth what day and time is brunch?
Len M.
user 46716572
Palatine, IL
Post #: 28
May 18th is the first Sunday Brunch of the season. May 4th is the Slimey Crud Run. That's kind of a Sunday Brunch x 100.
Beth
ME_with_a_B
Group Organizer
Bolingbrook, IL
Post #: 230
William -- the brunch events are posted on the Calendar:
http://www.meetup.com...­ biggrin