RVA Drink 'n' Draw Message Board › New Meetup: Exquisite Corpse Industry Night

New Meetup: Exquisite Corpse Industry Night

user 10961624
Group Organizer
Richmond, VA
Announcing a new Meetup for RVA Drink 'n' Draw!

What: Exquisite Corpse Industry Night
When: Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:00 PM

Where: Xtra's Cafe
3322-B W. Cary St
Richmond, VA 23221

This will be the third official RVA Drink 'n' Draw evening of the Dada (etc.) game/endeavor Exquisite Corpse.

You may remember it from your youth. A paper is folded into thirds (or less commonly but pictured below, fourths) one person draws the head on the top third and folds it down and marks the connecting lines onto the middle section and passes it on. The next person draws the torso and connecting lines for the legs, the third person draws the legs/feet/lower portion. Then all unfold and laugh and clap and put it on the fridge!

(examples from past meetups)

I, Emily, , will be At Xtra's Cafe from 8-10pm at least, (but since it never hasn't, it will probably go til close.). Feel free to drop in at any time during or come for the whole duration. In my experience this game entertains all ages, skill levels, and attention spans at the same time. And it's easy to jump into and out of and go at your own pace! We can also play a myriad of other drawing games, too!

Feel free to bring paper and writing utensils (No messy media, please. This is a restaurant). I will have some to share, too!

Check out some sources for history and facts and more examples of Exquisite Corpse:

(examples from the guys who made it up in the early 20th Century)

Xtra's has a delicious menu with munchies and dinner. Sunday is industry night, serving two-dollar bourbons and dollar PBRs!

Check it out!