RVA Vegan Meetup Message Board › Hunting Wild Mushrooms in Powatan.

Hunting Wild Mushrooms in Powatan.

Bob F.
user 4669526
Richmond, VA
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone,

I really enjoyed the meeting last night and learning a lot about vegan and vegetarian cooking and eating. The food was really enjoyable.

I wanted to float this idea and see if there is an interest in doing an event like this when the weather warms a little. I own about 27 acres of woodland in Powatan (it about 25 minutes from Chesterfield Mall straight out route 60). A friend of mine, Steve Haas is a professional mushroom hunter (seriously, he makes his living finding wild mushrooms and selling them at farmers markets and to restaurants). I could get him to guide us on a mushroom hunt on the land one Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon if we had some interest. Let me know if the group might want to pursue this.

Bob
Angi
user 55780792
Richmond, VA
Post #: 1
I'm down with it!! keep me posted!
Derryl C.
user 11387557
Ashland, VA
Post #: 9
I'm interested.
Eric V.
evrabel
Midlothian, VA
Post #: 33
Bob,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is a great idea and I would definitely like to participate! Please contact me (evrabel AT yahoo DOT com) when you're ready to schedule the event.

Eric