Male supremacy must end. Oppression and violence is not natural nor inevitable and neither is patriarchy or any other kind of kyriarchy (a neologism meaning a collection of interlocking and intersecting systems of oppression). Radical feminism, in the truest sense of the word 'Radical', is about going to the root of the systems of oppression that we all participate in and perpetuate, creating change from the ground up and making the world a better, equitable, non-oppressive place.
We believe change is not only possible but probable and above all necessary.
Radical Feminist Activists of NYC is a place for Radical feminists to gather, consciousness raise, get creative, share stories, and engage activism in New York City.
Please be a feminist or open to feminism if you join; there's plenty of other groups to join if you are neither.
Issues we care about (not exhaustive):
- Men's violence against women
- Domestic violence
- Rape and sexual abuse
- Sex trafficking
- The wage gap and the glass ceiling
- Sexual harassment and stalking
- Homophobia, transphobia, and violence against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and sex/gender nonconforming people
- Prostitution and sex work (discrimination against sex workers by choice as well as sexual slavery) - Sex/gender roles and stereotypes
- Sexism in media and advertising
Join us to plan activist events and projects; get together to discuss feminism, current events, and anything else of interest; plan creative projects like advertising campaigns, videos, stories, spoken word and poetry; and start activist actions on issues that matter to us!
Group Organizer: Kara Dansky
1,960 Open-minded & Inclusive friends
4,505 Change Makers
6,023 Social Networkers
659 excavators of the soul