add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup Group Message Board › I need ROR help ASAP

I need ROR help ASAP

A former member
Post #: 3
I am hiring ( contract or perm ) a Ruby on Rails Developer in Waltham, MA. Check out what you need to land this!!!!

Call me @ 781 536 8952 for more info

email me at

For my other openings go to

The objectives of this position includes providing application support for various business systems managed by the Information Technology department and designing, developing and maintaining new web based applications. These include systems such as the Website, Intranet, and other related Systems. This position will work closely with Support Services and the Systems Engineering Team for troubleshooting application systems related issues. The successful candidate must work effectively and efficiently to track Support Tickets and proactively follow-up with Support Services and the end-user where appropriate. Various duties relating to supporting, maintaining and developing business application systems will be required.

We are looking for a passionate software developer to join our small, highly effective development team. Successful candidates should have a minimum of 7 years end-to-end web development experience, with a strong background in Ruby On Rails.
• Create technical design for new applications or modifications to existing applications.
• Develop new web and back-end applications.
• Maintain and enhance existing web and back-end applications.
• Perform full unit and integration testing.
• Create technical documentation as needed.
• Perform database design, development, and deployment as needed.
• Work with third party resources as needed.
• Lead technical assignments from architecture to deployment.
• Provide 24 x 7 production support for application or database related issues.
• Provide mentoring to developers.

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong ability to troubleshoot independently and offer alternative solutions
• Strong organizational skills and self motivation
• Ability to work independently within a team environment & handle multiple tasks
• Ability to conduct research into software products and issues as required
• Works well in an agile environment, completing quality work in a timely fashion
• Willing to handle routine maintenance tasks and bug fixes along with new development
• Ability to work with users during the systems analysis and design phases
• Exceptional development skills in Ruby on Rails (ROR)
• Advanced understanding of JavaScript, CSS, DHTML, Ajax
• Good understanding of database design, development and management
• Strong Experience with SQL
• Detailed background and understanding of web technologies
Highly Desirable:
• Familiarity with version control systems (ideally GIT)
• Comfortable in a Linux environment
• Database tuning and MySQL background
• jQuery experience

• Java, .Net, Photoshop
• Having open source work, a Github Account and or side projects that show your passion.