Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for Web Application Engineers for a leading mathematical computing s
The Senior Web Application Software Engineer will be part of the MATLAB Examples Infrastructure team that is responsible for building the tooling and infrastructure to move the company product examples to the Web. The incumbent will play a key role in the design and implementation of a rich internet application used to create, publish and execute Examples on the Web and in the company’s products.
• Be a central member of the team responsible for moving Examples to the Web
• Design, develop, debug, test and support a lightweight WYSIWYG editing and publishing application for MATLAB Examples
• Work with Product Development, Documentation, Tech Support, Marketing, IT and User Experience teams to refine and implement product requirement specifications, functional specifications
• Create design specifications and test case documents. Participate in design discussions and code reviews
The incumbent should have excellent written and communication skills
1. B.S or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with relevant experience
2. Experience using web technologies
4. Konwledge in demonstrating OOAD
1. Experience with HTML/HTML5, CSS, JSON, AJAX, jQuery
2. Experience working with MATLAB and Pearl
3. Experience with XML/XSL/XSLT
4. Experience with parser technologies, e.g. ANTLR
5. Experience with Solr / Lucene and Agile / Scrum
6. Experience with build systems (i.e. gmake, Ant)
7. Experience with unit testing and test driven development
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Company is a $600M company that employs over 2,800 employees worldwide. It is a leading developer of mathematical computing software, Engineers and scientists worldwide rely on its products to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and development. It has over 90 products well known in the market and these are primarily used in various industries like automotive, aerospace and defense, biotech, semiconductor, etc.
A professional services consulting firm hired to directly source prospective candidates. The company’s strategy of maintaining long-term relationships has created a success paradigm that nets great benefits for candidates and clients. Your confidentiality is totally respected. Resumes and other employment-related information are not shared with the client until we have secured your permission. Likewise, we may be asked to maintain client confidentiality.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your updated resume and phone number to:
Ph: (+1) 888-738-5815 x 1344 (USA)