A former member
Post #: 9
Hi,
My rooster is limping again. He had bumble foot and I did the surgery & he seemed to be doing better and now he is limping again. I don't see signs of the bumble foot again but I just can't figure it out. He is holding the foot up and limping when he uses is. He still eats, drinks and chases girls. How hurt can he be??? : ) Anyone have any suggestions now? He's worth $150 b/c I succumbed to bringing him to the vet after the surgery. Wanted to make sure....... the report of was good and got meds. Let me know if anyone might know what to try next? Thanks.
jill s.
jlssco
Apex, NC
Post #: 36
HI Linda,

I don't know what to do, what vet did you use? Rodney was worth over 700.00, I know I am crazy, but I can't not help them. So don't feel bad about spending money on a chicken, just know there is someone crazier than you out there! lol

How old is he? did the vet give you pain meds? Maybe if you tried them for a dose or two you would see if stopped limping, then you know he is in pain.

Stefanie S.
talexbrock
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 130
Try standing him in a bowl of very warm water with a cup of Epsom Salts for as long as he'll stay there (hopefully at least 10 min) and as often as you can (at least 1x or 2x a day for at least a couple of days). I treated a hen with mild bumble foot and it did get better - problem is (once she got used to the process) she would fall asleep and I'd have to sit there and support her weight or she'd plop right down in the water. She's an 8+lb Buff Orpington named Butterball, so that was no easy task.

Stefanie
jill s.
jlssco
Apex, NC
Post #: 37
Stephanie, that is too cute. Would love a picture of that.