The Eastern NC Prepper group is a 90+ member group for preppers and those that wish to learn more about the lifestyle that live in eastern NC (however the group is open to anyone).
The main objectives of this group is:
- Advancement of the art and skill of prepping
- Networking with fellow preppers
- Learning about the prepper community as a whole.
The group has only 3 rules, no religion, politics or business hocking in general group. Meaning in private if you want to discuss that with others that is fine.
I am Orion Darkwood and would like to personally invite you (friends and family are welcome) to Neighbors in November.
Please RSVP by November 3rd
Date November 10th
Time 1pm – 5pm (park closes at 6pm)
Location William B. Umstead Park Shelter #2 (Crabtree Creek) -http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/wium/main.php
Directions – Go into the park from the Glennwood Ave side (if you coming up Glennwood from 440 I recommend going up to the stop light and turning around since getting across can be a pain). Once in the park kept straight until the road circles back [masked],[masked] for you GPS junkies), the Big Lake will be on your right. You see a sign pointing to a concrete walkway that winds around some picnic tables. Shelter #2 will be visible (its the second building you will see on your right) if you get the bathroom you have gone too far.
Map centered on parking lot near Shelter – http://bit.ly/L5uMRU
Picture of the shelter – http://ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/wium/pics/crabtree2.jpg
PLEASE NOTE – If you go to the visitors center for information ask for the Darkwood Family Reunion. This is to show you the way without alerting the general public. I will be wearing a orange hat.
PLEASE NOTE – This is a state park please follow all the rules and regulations of the park – http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/wium/rules.php
PLEASE NOTE – It may be cool so dress warm. If the temp is under 60 we will probably build a fire.
PLEASE NOTE – The shelter costs $33 to rent, donations for the expense are welcome.
PLEASE NOTE – The meeting starts at 1pm, please be on time.
PLEASE NOTE - The group will not be meeting in December due to the holiday season, the next meeting will be 2nd Saturday in January.
PLEASE NOTE - If you want to speak on a topic or have a topic of interest please let me know. Next year's meeting topics are filling up fast.
Contact Orion Darkwood – [masked]
* Welcome and short Q&A about the group
* Thermal Solar Panels by Rix Dobbs
* Prepper Face Time - Basically Speed Networking, you will have 10 minutes to sit with a random member of the group and get to know them. After 10 meetings you switch. I would highly recommend bring a notebook to get information and to write down your contact information.
* The year in review and goals for next year
* Group direction and feedback
* Agenda and Meeting Place for next month
* Open mic