May 3, 2008 · 6:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
== Liability Waiver==
If you have not signed a waiver, please bring a signed copy on the day of the event.
CLIMBING IS INHERENTLY DANGEROUS! Participants assumes the risk of climbing and is responsible for having the knowledge of climbing procedures & use of equipment.
This group should not in anyway be a substitute for training or a professional guide. Relying solely on the group for information may result in misinformation that can lead to death or serious injury.
NONE of the organizers or members are professional guides though we are happy to help a new member, you assume all risks of taking tips or guidance from us.
Climbing is a sport that is not forgiving of mistakes, your FIRST MISTAKE can by your LAST! We recommend you receive training from professional guides such as: http://www.foxmountai...
== Overview ==
Danny will be helping us with this meetup. He's taken the AMGA top rope manager course with Fox Mountain Guides.
We'll spend a day at Pilot Mountain top roping. You should be comfortable climb 5.8 (VE green) routes. This is the perfect event for you if you've never climbed outside!
== Cost ==
- Event Fee $15
members who bring a rope will be exempt from the fee. If you are bringing rope please indicate that in your comments when you RSVP
- remember to bring money for dinner
- please remember to pay your driver for gas!
== Attendance requirement. ==
- If you've never climbed outside before you must have attended 3 of our 6 previous events.
- If you've climbed outside before then you must have attended 1 of our 6 previous events or have climbed with one of the organizers.
- you should be able to climb several 5.8 (VE green) routes comfortably.
- any guests should meet these requirements or be pre-approved by the event organizer
== Equipment ==
- climbing harness
- climbing helmet (Required)
- climbing shoes
- belay/rappel device
- 3 locking carabiners
- bring lunch
- plenty of water, 2 liters recommended
== Schedule ==
- leave Raleigh @ 6:30am
- climbing by 9am
- leave for Raleigh @ 8pm
- dinner @ 9pm
- return to Raleigh by midnight