addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Raleigh Rock Climbing Meetup Message Board › Climbing Event at Lifetime Fitness May 15th for a climber who had an aortic

Climbing Event at Lifetime Fitness May 15th for a climber who had an aortic aneuyrsm

Cary, NC
Post #: 1
Hi All.

Just an FYI...there is a free open climb on Friday, May 15th from 6-9 at Lifetime Fitness in Cary to benefit Jason Fleming. Jason Fleming is a climber and the regional rock climbing manager for Lifetime Fitness in Cary. He is an incredibly nice guy who has really made the Lifetime Fitness climbing wall a very worthy place to climb.

Jason, who is young (maybe late 20's???) recently suffered an aortic aneuysm, and is very lucky to be alive. I hear he's recovering okay. However, he apparently has oppressive medical bills, and this climbing event is to raise money for those medical bills.

The deal is that from 6 - 9 the Lifetime Fitness climbing wall will be open, for free, to anyone. DONATIONS TO BENEFIT JASON FLEMING ARE REQUESTED. (Normally, only members can use the climbing wall, and it's $20 for a non-member to use the gym. On Friday it will be FREE for everyone to climb, and cash/check donations for Jason are being collected) Any amount you are willing or able to donate is welcome. I heard that there's also going to be a raffle for gear.

The walls are textured Eldo Walls, about 28-30 feet high, with great features. There's a big variety of routes there. Lots of steep stuff. Getting belay certified is a fast process in my experience. There's also some lead climbing there. Lifetime Fitness is near Regency Park in Cary. 1700 Regency Pkwy, Cary, NC 27518

The deal is that you need to tell the front desk people when you arrive that you are there for the climbing event for Jason.

(Also, Lifetime has a great gym facility, indoor/outdoor pools, jacuzzis, steam rooms and sauna, so bring gym stuff, bathing suits, etc. if like. Once you're in you can check out the whole gym.)

That's all the info I have. (I'm a member of Lifetime Fitness, but I don't work there.) If I get any more info, I'll post it.