The handout alone was worth the price of a beer. I just don't have very much respect for SEO "professionals." It's a self-perpetuating business. They wouldn't be needed if they didn't exist. They help to put us small guys who can't afford to pay for their services lose business.
0 · June 29, 2012
I enjoyed interacting with these computer whiz guys :) Thanks for giving us the opportunity to learn and interact with these computer whiz (and probably mensa) guys! So far, this was my favorite SEO meeting. The speakers were relaxed (with their spirits) and welcomed your questions (regardless of how basic they were).
0 · June 27, 2012
Top link building tips shared:
1. Guest Blog Posts
2. Earned/Paid Links (Good but be Careful - Search Engines don't like paid links)
3. Infographics – Very Effective
4. Find Bad Links and Offer Replacement Content
5. Find and Use Guest Bloggers
6. Content Partners and Portals
The experts shared how to effectively do these link building steps and the risks to avoid. This is a great Meetup Group!
0 · June 27, 2012
Two killer tips from tonight.
1) Use the "related:" operator in Google on a resource page of related links to find other resource pages, e.g., type something like this in Google "related:www.domain.com/resources.html"
2) When asking for responses to a group email interview, pay one or two "celebrities" to sign on first and then drop names to get middle tier authorities to agree. They'll want to see their names associated with the top billed authorities.
3 · June 26, 2012
Hey all. Just an FYI - I'm bringing along a handfull of free Google Ad Word coupons worth $100 each.
They expire on June 30, but if you think you can and/or want to dabble with adSense, here's your chance to do so w/out breaking the bank.
I'll be the guy wearing a black 'SurvivorMan' cap just so it's easy to identify me.
0 · June 26, 2012