Raleigh Triathlon Training Group Message Board › Seeking starting/intermediate triathletes in the Smithfield/Johnston County

Seeking starting/intermediate triathletes in the Smithfield/Johnston County for runs/bikes/swims.

A former member
Post #: 1
37, Male, in Selma. Seeking those who want to train in the Smithfield area. Joined this group to meet fellow trainees but finding it hard to make it to Raleigh for the Meet Ups. Since this group is already started, I just wanted to see if there is anyone in my area. I have done Sprint Tri in the past, 12 years ago and 10 pounds ago. So I am starting slow and building my training plan. Anyone out there wanna train n Smithfield?
Ralph D.
CaptRalphD
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 4
I am in Clayton in the Riverwood area. I run and bike and need to swim.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Ralph, Yeah the Swim is by far my worst discipline. Of course all three are very lacking at the moment. My run times are coming around. I am only running around 8 min miles right now for a 5K distance. Not exactly sure where I am at for the bike. In the past it was my strongest, but who knows now. I am train mostly at the Smithfield Recreation and Aquatics center which is beside the Smithfield Park that has a great 5K paved run with gentle rolling course. Where do you run/bike/swim..?

Jody Duggins