Raleigh Triathlon Training Group Message Board › Saturday Long Rides

Saturday Long Rides

A former member
Post #: 2
I have long rides on most Saturdays, and am going to open a discussion for anyone interested in joining me. Here's the lowdown (these will be pro's or con's depending on the reader):

• 60-80 miles, increasing to 100 in a month or so (you can do all or part, no pressure)
  • 17-18mph avg (15 up hills, 20-22 on flat no wind)
  • I only have a tri bike (don't care what type of bike you have, getting out on the road is the important part)
  • I start north of Chapel Hill off Weaver Dairy, and the earlier the better. However, I'm open to travel as I have a rack on my car.

If you're slower, we'll get you faster. If you're faster, I'll catch up after a few rides. Ultimately, I'd like to become a stronger, faster rider via a group effort. Also, I'm practical, so if you come out and realize it wasn't what you were looking for I'm not offended.

Neil R.
user 3788135
Group Organizer
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 8
Hi Marc,

I might be interested, so let me know what your plan is. Sounds like we're riding about the same speed. I need to get my mileage up though since I haven't been doing as much riding lately as I'd like. Let me know!