Random Acts of Adventure Message Board › Meetup details changed: River Rafting the Royal Gorge - WATER LEVELS UPDATE

Meetup details changed: River Rafting the Royal Gorge - WATER LEVELS UPDATE

Eric K.
user 9841569
Aurora, CO
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Random-Acts-of-Adventure/events/64515092/­

When: Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:15 AM - PAYMENT DUE JUNE 30

Where: Lincoln Station Park n' Ride
Station Way
Lone Tree, CO 80124
719-217-6173

Price: $72.50 per person

Hi Everyone.  I wanted to update everyone who was interested in River Rafting.  I have been asked about water levels and if the water levels are low at Clearcreek now, what can we expect in July at the Royal Gorge.  I called the guides and this was there answer:

Yes, this is a low river level year for Colorado, but there are some things to understand related to the Arkansas.  The Arkansas river is further south and below more tributaries than Clearcreek.  As a result, the water levels are higher than Clearcreek. Also, the water level is being regulated at the Twin Lakes reservior and are expected to continue through the end of the season at the current levels. 

There are plenty of rapids on the river to include in excess of a dozen class III and over 5 class IV rapids.  There are no class V rapids, which are usually only seen at very high water levels.  And the scenery is amazing!

So, based on this answer, we are a go, and I intend to continue planning and heading toward the river.  I encourage you to join us! 

Remember, payment is required by June 30th.  You can pay me by mail or better yet via Paypal.

Eric