Random Readers Message Board › News and Information

News and Information

Jennifer B.
jennifer_baykal
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Post #: 17
Hello readers! I want to address some things and let you know of some changes with the club.

Let's address the ugly 1st:

1. Repeat no-shows will not be tolerated. The last meeting, we had 9 no-shows and the month before 4. If you are a no-show for more than 2 meeting you will be removed from the group. I understand we all get busy and forget to update our RSVP's which is the reason for the reminders sent of the upcoming meetings. We move around venues according to the group size so, the correct count is important.

2. RSVP's - the ability to change your RSVP until the meeting starts will be eliminated. From now on, you will be allowed to change your RSVP up until Monday before the meeting.

3. Waitlist - if you are on the waitlist, please note that you are automatically RSVP'd Yes when a spot becomes available and you are sent an email letting you know. If your plans change, then make sure to change your RSVP. If you are still on the waitlist the day before the meeting - please email me if you want to come. We will always make room for you! RandomReadersOrlando@gmail.com

Now the good and just information:

Emails, Notifications, Contact information:
Make sure you check your email address and update your information on meetup.com. I have had several members emails get rejected. You can also control how frequent you receive emails along with all often notifications are sent to you. Just go to your account settings and make adjustments accordingly.
Also, if you need to reach me, you can email directly at RandomReadersOrlando@gmail.com or through the meetup site.

Reminders:
Reminders are sent to people who have RSVP's yes or have not RSVP's at all 7 days prior to the next meeting and everyone receives a reminder 1 day before. If you are receiving these reminders, check your account settings and ensure that everything is correct.
I will also be getting better about sending out reminder emails to those of you who attend the meetings about submitting your book choice for the next meeting so keep an eye out for those!

Location for meetings:
Our current location will be moving down a couple streets (closer to 408 off Bumby) in January. I am working with the owner of the Social Chameleon to decide if we will still rotate the Milk Bar to larger groups or make the new location our permanent home. Once I have more details, I will let everyone know.

Feedback: I want to hear from you! I welcome all feedback to make sure to send me an email to let us know how we are doing and any suggestions you have. RandomReadersOrlando@gmail.com

Lastly - thank you to all of you! This Jan will be our 2nd year in the making and we could not have made it this far without you. Special Thank You to Jenny Starr for continuing to lead all of our discussions each month - great job and keep it up! (please!!!!)

Jennifer Baykal
Organizer

p.s. December meeting is free!