addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter Message Board › Please read IMPORTANT Update for Thanksgiving Drive.

Please read IMPORTANT Update for Thanksgiving Drive.

A former member
RAK friends and family-

Last night King Soopers donated a $250 gift card and told me that if we wanted to set up this weekend that we could for the final year. They said they feel bad that we did not have adequate notice for this year and so they are giving us this weekend. HERE IS THE PROBLEM though........

To do this in such short notice, I have to pull together a Minimum of 20 Volunteers for the weekend. I need to have someone who can meet me at the King Soopers Saturday morning so I can show them how to get the volunteers started because I have a commitment from 8:30 till around 11:00 a.m. In addition, if we do this, we will not have time to create the boxes, we will only have time to take the donated food and give it to the delivery guys in bulk. OR, we can build boxes as the donations come in.

THIS CAN BE DONE !!! but it will take some work, some effort, and some patience as I have never done it in such short notice. I usually do this 2 and 3 weeks prior to Thanksgiving and use this weekend as the box building time. But I know there are many families who need help and if we can spend the weekend collecting food we will be able to help many of them. It may not be the traditional GOTDREAMS Thanksgiving drive but it will certainly make an impact.

I need volunteers who can commit to THIS Saturday and SUNDAY from 9 a.m. to 4:00 pm. We set up at the King Soopers at Illiff and Buckley. All you do is stand in the front and hand out slips of paper with the items we are collecting. It takes someone who is not afraid to approach people. Although you need to commit to both days from 9 to 4:00, if we get enough people we can spread out peoples actual time at the store. But with so little time to plan, I don't have the ability to break out time slots ahead of time because I need to know i have all times covered.

Feel free to commit to a day or both by pulling in your friends and family to cover when you cannot be there. n other words if you can do the first part of Saturday and Sunday, but your spouse can do the second half, than that will work just fine. All i need is to know your slot will be covered for both days.

Sorry for the late notice but i just found out last night. Let's all step up and make this happen. Email ASAP =)

Please email me asap at jkduplessie@nextlevelmechanicals.com if you are up for this challenge.

Sincerely -

Jay K. Duplessie

PS Sorry for the Type O's, I am rushing to get this out =)