Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter Message Board › New Meetup: Happy Hour for Dining Out for Life - Ambassador Recruitment

New Meetup: Happy Hour for Dining Out for Life - Ambassador Recruitment

Barbara
user 3602935
Denver, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter!

What: Happy Hour for Dining Out for Life - Ambassador Recruitment
When: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:30 PM

Where: Annie's Cafe
3100 E. Colfax Ave (at St. Paul)
Denver, CO 80206
(303) 355-8197

Why: The annual Dining Out for Life (DOFL) event is for the benefit of Project Angel Heart (PAH). The happy hour at Annie's Cafe on *Tues, April 19*, is for individuals interested in serving as a Dining Out for Life Ambassador on *Thurs, April 28*.

On Thursday, April 28, 2011, more than 300 restaurants in the greater Denver area will participate in the annual Dining Out for Life (DOFL) event. These local restaurants have generously agreed to donate 25% of their food sales to Project Angel Heart (PAH), a local non-profit that delivers nutritious meals to individuals in our community that are battling life-threatening illnesses.

Project Angel Heart (PAH) is actively seeking volunteers to serve as Ambassadors at DOFL participating restaurants. Recruit a friend to serve as an Ambassador and assist and support you during the event.

Here's what you can expect once you sign up as an Ambassador for Dining Out for Life:

PRE-EVENT

• Choose a shift - breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
  • Select your restaurant (note: restaurants are assigned on "first-come, first-choice" basis).
  • Attend a 90-minute training session at the PAH offices (4190 Garfield St, Denver 80216). At this training session, you'll be given your packet of DOFL materials for the event. It's important to also note that a background check is required on all Ambassadors.
  • Invite your family, friends, colleagues, and co-workers to visit you during your DOFL shift.

DINING OUT FOR LIFE DAY

• Use your engaging and vibrant personality to greet, meet, and thank diners for supporting DOFL while briefly explaining the mission of Project Angel Heart. You'll also collect any additional donations diner may choose to give to PAH.
  • At the end of your shift (breakfast, lunch, dinner), gather the donations and deliver to a designated drop-off location.

The Happy Hour at Annie's Cafe (Tuesday, April 19, 5:30-7:30pm) is an opportunity for you to meet Project Angel Heart staff, learn more about the event from staff and experienced Ambassadors, and select your restaurant from the list of restaurants still seeking Ambassadors. I will be at Annie's on Tuesday and happy to share my experiences as a 2-time Ambassador.

If you're unsure if this volunteer opportunity is for you, take a look at the event page on the Project Angel Heart website. You can also send me an email with your questions.

I'll be serving as an Ambassador, my third year, at D'Corazon­ on Blake Street in downtown Denver. (Best Mexican food in Denver!) If you would prefer to support PAH by dining out rather than in the role of Ambassador, please consider stopping in to D'Corazon during dinner hours.

I hope you'll consider this opportunity and supporting Project Angel Heart. Join us at Annie's Cafe on Tues, April 19, 5:30-7:30pm, and learn more.

Check it out!