addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter Message Board › Hi All Volunteers - Join us at the Denver Marathon

Hi All Volunteers - Join us at the Denver Marathon

A former member
Hi,

My name is Michelle Parilla and I helping to coordinate volunteers for the 2010 Denver Rock 'n Roll Marathon & 1/2 Marathon which will be taking place on Sunday, October 17th. I wanted to reach out to all of the members of the Denver Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group and see if you would be interested in volunteering with us this year. I thought this would be a good volunteer opportunity for the individuals and groups, so by reaching out to all of you we can either choose to volunteer together or individually for shifts that work within our own schedules.

I have posted more information on our event below and hope you will consider joining us for this years Rock 'n' Roll Marathon.

A little background on the event itself:
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Marathon & ½ Marathon is rockin’ through your neighborhood October 14-17. Over 15,000 runners will race to the finish, but they won’t be the only ones out on the streets of Denver. Rock 'n' Roll Denver also features live bands playing every mile, thousands of cheerleaders along the route, and a finish line headliner concert. It’s a 26.2 mile block party! http://denver.competi...­

The event also has several great charities involved, including the American Cancer Society and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We need your help to make this event spectacular, and with over 2,000 Race Crew volunteer positions available there is a spot for everyone, including teams, corporate groups, or just friends and family.

Benefits of Volunteering
• Official Race Crew T-shirt
• Race goodie bag
• Support great causes
• Fulfill community service hours
• Have a great time!

Available Race Crew Shifts
• Thursday, Oct. 14
Expo Setup – 10:00am to 3:00pm
• Friday & Saturday, Oct. 15-1
Health & Fitness Expo – times vary
• Sunday, Oct. 17
Start Line – 4:00am to 8:00am
Finish Line – 5:30am to 2:30pm
Relay Zones – times vary
Water Stations – times vary ( Groups of 10 or more)

Please let me know if you have any questions, you can email me at volunteerdenver@competitorgroup.com . I hope you will join us this year to make the Inaugural Denver Rock 'n' Roll Marathon an event to remember. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Michelle P.