Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter Message Board › URGENT NOTICE for Boulder Wildfire in Fourmile Canyon - How We Can Hel

URGENT NOTICE for Boulder Wildfire in Fourmile Canyon - How We Can Hel

Jay
GOTDREAMS
Denver, CO
PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO BOULDER SATURDAY OR SUNDAY !!!!!!

RAK members, I owe you all an apology. I did not coordinate this event very well. One of our RAK members went last night to volunteer and they found that is was not as easy as just showing up. As you can imagine, it's very hectic up there and they have alot of people wanting to help. But they can;t let just anyone roam the area without properly checking in. In the essence of time, I am pasting in the email I got from my friend and fellow RAK member Michelle. Her email will explain the details of what she experienced and will give the phone number of the woman you need to check in with ahead of time.

Again, I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused. In our (my) rush to get help up there I did not dot my "I"s or cross my "T"s =( But I believe that we can still make this work. I am going to go and adjust the details of this meet up on the calender.

READ BELOW !!! =)

Just wanted you to know what Jeff & I found out about helping with the Boulder fire while we were there tonight so you can update the meetup description as needed. When we arrived at 6:30ish at the YMCA, we said we were there to help deliver supplies and they had no idea what we were talking about and said nothing needed to be delivered anywhere. I spoke with Mark who is in charge of the Colorado Friendship and he said (1) volunteers should preferably call Liz at 303-400-8259 in advance instead of just showing up and (2) the hours they will be operating this weekend are Saturday 9am-8pm and Sunday 9am till ?undecided. (If people show up at 7am like the meetup suggests, they will be standing there alone with nothing to do for 2 hours.) Mark's wife(?) did say that if people showed up without talking to Liz first, they could probably still use their help. Tonight we helped pack up and label clothing into boxes/bins and disassemble tables. We could have used more big boxes and plastic bins and maybe some hefty trash bags. Tomorrow morning at 9am volunteers will be unpacking those same boxes and organizing/labeling clothes onto tables for evacuees to look through. I think Jeff was particularly helpful (as would any young strong guy) to help move tables/boxes/bins to and from the trailer. Hope this info helps:) The other volunteers who were there were all very nice/grateful toward us.