Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter Message Board › New Meetup: Volunteer at The Rock N Roll Denver Marathon - We Have Our Own W

New Meetup: Volunteer at The Rock N Roll Denver Marathon - We Have Our Own Water Station

ken
user 4017561
Denver, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for Random Acts of Kindness Volunteer Group/Denver Chapter!

What: Volunteer at The Rock N Roll Denver Marathon - We Have Our Own Water Station

When: Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:00 AM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

We manned a water station last year and did a hawaiian theme and it was an absolute blast. Please suggest a theme you think would be fun for the runners (I will have my iPod and speakers too). If all else fails, we can hula it again.

The Rock ‘n’ Roll Denver Marathon & ½ Marathon is rockin’ through your neighborhood October 14-17. Over 15,000 runners will race to the finish, but they won’t be the only ones out on the streets of Denver. Rock 'n' Roll Denver also features live bands playing every mile, thousands of cheerleaders along the route, and a finish line headliner concert. It’s a 26.2 mile block party!

The event also has several great charities involved, including the American Cancer Society and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We need your help to make this event spectacular, and with over 2,000 Race Crew volunteer positions available there is a spot for everyone, including teams, corporate groups, or just friends and family.

We are going to be volunteering with this years Rock 'n' Roll Denver Marathon & 1/2 Marathon and we can now sign up for our water station! Please follow the link below to sign up for our water station during the race on Sunday, October 17th 2010. PLEASE NOTE:This link is for our water station only, so you will not be prompted to select a shift or group.

When you sign up, it'll say 'Modern Real Estate' because the gal who signed me up as captain took it from my email. It's Denver Friends...just labeled as my company. Doesn't make a difference. You should see my name on the top.

WATER STATION SIGN-UP LINK:
http://www.elitevolun...­

Please include your email address when you register because I will be forwarding you parking information and more details via email as the event gets closer. If you have questions, please contact me, the water station Captain, at kellylynnebailey@gmail.com

Thank you so much. We are looking forward to having a great time at the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon with you all.

Kelly
www.redenver.org
www.denver-friends.org

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­