addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Raspberry Pi Message Board › How to get RaspberryPI

How to get RaspberryPI

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey All

From what i understand there is a model A ($25) and model B ($35) , i'd probably go for latter for updated features and specs. Has anyone actually ordered it and how? Their site doesnt offer it for now.

Cheers
Geoff
libertytoast
Toronto, ON
Post #: 6
Here's the Canadian link. I believe they're going to just build them to order so it might take a few weeks.

http://canada.newark....­
A former member
Post #: 3
HI Geoff

Thanks for reply.

Can you tell me, is this is Model B - a bit more better features than Model A ?

Kumana
user 44034252
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Any updates on how to get this in Canada?

newark.com website says it is out of stock!
Stewart C. R.
scruss
Scarborough, ON
My order's showing "Expected Ship Date 16 Aug 2012", but I understand that this is just a placeholder. See Did you get an August date from element14? Don’t panic!

It's good to hear that the device passed EMC testing, including US and Canadian certification.
Teresa C.
teresa_chin
Toronto, ON
What kind of power supply do you need to order for it to work in North America? The agent on the newark site seems to be recommending an Emmerson 39T2392? Does anyone know?
Stewart C. R.
scruss
Scarborough, ON
Post #: 2
What kind of power supply do you need to order for it to work in North America? The agent on the newark site seems to be recommending an Emerson 39T2392? Does anyone know?

That should do it - anything 700mA or over is recommended, and that'll deliver 1 watt.

My RPi(s) arrived today ...
Kevin C.
user 40081302
Markham, ON
Good to know the boards are becoming available in Canada. Are the boards shipped from the US? I see that Newark has a US office but in Canada I only see them as having a P.O. box. Being a small item of low cost I wouldn't expect it to get hung up at the border but you never know.
Stewart C. R.
scruss
Scarborough, ON
Post #: 3
Good to know the boards are becoming available in Canada. Are the boards shipped from the US?

No, Mississauga. They came Purolator Ground, so it's definitely in-Canada shipping.
A former member
Post #: 5
Russ, where did you order it from?

Newark has been out for a long time.

Thanks