add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Raspberry Pi Message Board › How to get RaspberryPI

How to get RaspberryPI

Boyan S.
user 36049422
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
@Chris Tyler , I already ordered cables from, microUSB, and... they didn't work. I tried them on my phone and other devices, still nothing. As for the Raspberry, it powers up, but, that's it. When I switched the cable, the raspberry worked fine.
Chris T.
user 45179502
Group Organizer
Concord, ON
Post #: 3
I've been talking with the Seneca Bookstore about stocking the Raspberry Pi. This would provide a local retail location for buying the a Pi. The price would probably be slightly higher than ordering one from the distributors, but less than ordering one and paying shipping.

The Seneca campuses with ICT programs are Newnham (Hwy 404 and Finch) and Seneca@York (SE corner of York University campus, near Keele and Finch) and the bookstores are open to everyone.

I'm trying to get a sense of how much interest there might be in buying Pi this way. If you like the idea of being able to pick one up in person, please indicate your interest via this poll: http://www.easypolls....­
Stewart C. R.
Scarborough, ON
Post #: 6
Lawrence at Creatron (College & Spadina) had some, but I believe he's got a waiting list now. Haven't been back in to check.
Chris T.
user 45179502
Group Organizer
Concord, ON
Post #: 4
I've been talking with the Seneca Bookstore about stocking the Raspberry Pi.

The Seneca bookstores at the Newnham and Seneca@York campuses have Pi in stock now, though I think they'll sell out quickly. They're $39.99+tax (more than Newark, but less than Newark with shipping).
Kevin C.
user 40081302
Markham, ON
Post #: 2
Excellent. Still inexpensive. I have a relative that works at the Newnham campus so I'll ask them to pick one up for me.
A former member
Post #: 2
I am selling my new Raspberry Pi.

Bought it last week from Creatron.

It works, but demands more time and attention than I am willing to devote to it.

Model B, Rev. 1
Near UofT.

Still available.
Maybe no one is in a hurry to get a Raspberry Pi. :-)