The Des Moines Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board › Uses for pulp left over from making nut milks?

Uses for pulp left over from making nut milks?

Laura R.
user 76286142
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 1
Ok, so I'm making my own almond milk now. Wow! It is sooo good! The recipes all say to save the almond/date pulp left in the bag. How do you use it? Need recipes! I'm thinking crackers maybe?

So far I have been making sweet treats with it. First I made a raw 'chocolate chip cookie dough' using almond/date pulp left from Jennifer Cornbleet's recipe for Almond Milk in Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 1 People, raw cashew butter, a little agave nectar, Enjoy Life choc. chips and a pinch of salt. Yum!

Last night I mixed some almond pulp with some vegan margarine and a little bit of honey for a quick sweet snack.
Laura R.
user 76286142
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 2
For that raw 'chocolate chip cookie dough', I was using Jennifer Cornbleet's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough found in her book, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 1 People, as the inspiration.