Join us for a Raw Vegan Potluck and
Raw Livestyle Lecture by Chris Whitcoe
On Sunday, July 7th we will get together for a double treat: you can show off your own (un)cooking skills or bring some goodies from a raw food cafe to share at our RAW POTLUCK and we will hear a short RAW LIVESTYLE LECTURE by Chris Whitcoe.
We love welcoming newbies, so don't be shy to join us for the first time!
In this meetup group we come from many different paths in life and simply love to share the endless bounty and health benefits of raw living foods. There is no better opportunity to try raw foods than right here at these potlucks, where you get to sample anywhere from 10 to 30 dishes lovingly crafted by people who care about what they eat!
Timeline for our event:
- At 1 pm we will start our RAW VEGAN POTLUCK with meet & greet and around 1:30 pm we will start to eat.
- Around 2:15 pm we are treated to a short RAW LIVESTYLE LECTURE by entrepreneur and master of Live Food Nutrition Chris Whitcoe, who is passionate about the awakening of consciousness, raw food nutrition and the emergence of Corporate America as a vehicle for global change. Chris has founded two raw food businesses and will share some of the nutrition and business aspects of starting a conscious company, which should be hugely interesting! Here is more information on Chris Whitcoe: http://whitcoe.com
About our potluck host Maximina
"I am a wife, mother, and teacher who loves to create and I have a passion for art, music, and fine cuisine. I place a high priority on nutrition and fitness and run to stay physically fit. Traveling is another hobby we have as a family. I'm also in the process of starting a small business catering. I am so excited to share my gourmet vegan recipes with people, and to get them excited about eating for optimal health and thereby improving the environment!"
Maximina has been joining our raw vegan potlucks now for a while and has enthusiastically offered to be a new potluck host for us! She has a few lovely pets: 2 bearded dragons, 2 dogs, a kittie and 5 freshwater fish. She is asking that this event shall be adults only please - just this time it would be preferred.
Her home is located close to Rainbow and I-215. We will send the exact address and directions to the final RSVPs a few days prior to July 7th.
Below are some guidelines for our raw vegan potlucks
- Raw Potluck: we ask you to bring a 100% raw, organic, unprocessed, non-animal based (vegan with no honey) ready-to-serve dish for as many people as have RSVP'd to this meetup MINUS 10 (to account for no-shows). In other words, if you see 40 RSVPs on this meetup, make a dish that will serve a tasting for 30 people. The idea is not to feed the masses, but to enable everyone to have a small tasting of your delicious creation!
- If you are attending with a guest, please consider bringing two dishes or a dish and a beverage.
- Please bring a typed or neatly printed recipe to display next to your dish, ideally with copies for people to take with them if they choose so.
- We also ask you to please arrive within 30 minutes of the start time of the potluck, as we usually wait for everyone to be there to do introductions. It is not fair to keep a hungry crowd waiting for guests arriving late, as you can certainly imagine! Please text Ina at[masked] if you can't make it on time and then we can start without you!
The below list of raw vegan dish ideas may help you to decide what to bring to our potluck events:
1. You could bring an organic fresh salad
2. There are plenty of raw recipes available online:
3. Most raw food books have raw recipes
4. Organic raw fruit, fruit salad, or raw nuts
I look forard to seeing you at the potluck - call me if you have any questions!
Founder & President of Belsandia.com