addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Nicole
user 36232432
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 1
Hi, my name is Nicole. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in late Oct. At the recommendation of my surgeon and oncologist I was urged to have my entire large intestine removed. So here I am now, colonless and very determined to make changes in my diet to prevent any reoccurance. I've done a lot of research and have tried many new recipes that have left me wondering if I'll ever find joy in food again lol. I would love to hear from anyone that has some delicious raw food entry level recipes that could get me fired up about food again. I really want to make this a lifestyles but have fallen back into bad habits out of convenience. Thank you so much for your time.

Nicole
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Nicole,
Raw foods can sometimes be overwhelming if you are coming across complicated recipes that have not so familiar ingredients. "Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 people" by Jennifer Cornbleet would be a good start and Gena over at www.choosingraw.com has some amazing recipes.
I hope this helps in getting you started. Feel free to email me if you have additional questions.

Ryan
Nicole
user 36232432
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 2
Thank you so much Ryan! The recipes on the website you mentioned look amazing! I'm going to try a couple this weekend. I really appreciate your book recommendation as well. It sounds perfect! Have a blessed day :)