Reading Curry Club Message Board › Curry Houses Ideas

Curry Houses Ideas

Vicky L.
user 15307761
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Post #: 3
Hi all Poppadoms,

Does anybody have any ideas for places to go to enjoy a tasty Curry? In or around Reading?

If anyone would like to suggest a place, please feel free to let me know & we can organise something.

Post your ideas here or message me

Thanks! : )

Vicky
Mike
user 12599153
Woking, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Vicky,

A bit out of Readng but my favourite is the Twickenham Tandoori. Every visit is like Christmas! Direct trains serve Reading and the last leaves at 23:58. Probably the best curry house in the area, we try to get there about once a month. About 8 minute walk from Twickenham Railway Station and a 1 hour train journey, It is complemented by the excelllent Eel Pie Pub which has a fantastic drinks selection.

Anyway let me know what you think!

Best wishes
Mike
Pete
user 11499948
Lower Earley, GB
Hi Vicky,
Can I suggest trying the Rajmoni in Lower Earley. Its a good indian curry house with fantastic flavours however it is relatively small.
Vicky L.
user 15307761
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Post #: 6
Hi Vicky,

A bit out of Readng but my favourite is the Twickenham Tandoori. Every visit is like Christmas! Direct trains serve Reading and the last leaves at 23:58. Probably the best curry house in the area, we try to get there about once a month. About 8 minute walk from Twickenham Railway Station and a 1 hour train journey, It is complemented by the excelllent Eel Pie Pub which has a fantastic drinks selection.

Anyway let me know what you think!

Best wishes
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion but twickenham is a bit too far for us. At the moment I'm foxusing on Berkshire area.
But maybe when the group goes on, we can expand.

Regards,

Vicky
Yolanda
user 12657078
Reading, GB
Post #: 7
Has the group been to the Royal Tandoory in town? Or that one with the comedian?
Jonathan H.
user 83122162
Reading, GB
Post #: 5
Hi Vicky,
There are a few in Woodley, if that's not too far out ... either The Red Rose and also Moonlight. Can recommend The Red Rose but not tried Moonlight. There is also The Waterfall in Earley. I can also recommend that one in Lower Earley too
Would like to try Royal Tandoori in Reading
Vicky L.
user 15307761
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Post #: 8
Has the group been to the Royal Tandoory in town? Or that one with the comedian?
Hi Yolanda,

yes we have been to Royal Tandoori before...but a while ago! - it was my first meet up here.

So I will schedule to go again...it's good to rotate round curry houses for new members/those that missed or simply our favourite places :-)

Not sure about the comedian thing...don't know about that lol

See you soon,
Vicky
Vicky L.
user 15307761
Group Organizer
Reading, GB
Post #: 9
Thanks all for your suggestions so far...keep them coming! :-)
A former member
Surrey Tandoori in Camberley is really good. I have never been disappointed by them in ten years of regular custom. It is only takeaway as it's not a sit in restaurant. If enough people agree we could sort something out.
A former member
Post #: 2
ps. They will deliver free in the area.