Here is your chance to affect change in your community and government, and proudly call yourself a secular activist! In this advocacy workshop, led by the Center for Inquiry’s public policy director, Michael De Dora, you will be given the tools, resources, and the power to successfully advocate reason, science and secularism to your elected officials. Participants will learn:
- The importance of getting involved in local advocacy.
- Best practices for involvement in local politics.
- How to schedule and prepare for meetings with local representatives.
- How to represent your cause and conduct a meeting with your representatives.
- How to follow up with your representatives after a meeting.
Participants will then have a chance to apply what they learned to a proclamation for an official Freethought Day. We will be cheering you on as you contact your council member and set up a day to meet with them to discuss the proclamation and advance reason, science, and secularism in your community!
This workshop is sponsored by Center for Inquiry - New York City and Secular Humanist Society of New York
*REGISTRATION CLOSES AT END OF DAY MARCH 15TH.*
To register, send an email to [masked] with the following info:
If you can't attend, but would like to learn more about being an advocate for science and secularism in your community, email Michael De Dora at [masked]