Sorry to have to bring this up, but I've received several emails (plus have been approached on the field) about the age requirements. You MUST be at least 13 years of age to play. I would love to let younger ones play, but it puts people at risk for getting injured, slows down the game, etc. I'm not trying to be mean, just fair. Other parents are following the rules, so it's not fair to them when others bring their kids to play. Maybe someone could organize kickball games for kids....any takers?
Let's play a friendly game of Kickball.
LADIES OR GUYS...ALL AGES 13 PLUS
MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE CORRECT "PALO VERDE PARK" ON MANN AVE (EAST TUCSON)....NOT the "Palo Verde Park" on Shannon (NW Tucson).
Here are a few basic rules we try to follow.
1) Have Fun
2) No lead offs...can't leave the base until the kicker touches the ball
3) No stealing bases
4) If ball is caught, runner must tag up before advancing to the next base
5) Outfielders....please don't stand in the base-line (the path the runner will be taking). Also try not to stand on the middle of the base (we don't want the runner to run you over)
6) Kickers must not be in front of the plate when you kick the ball
7) When running to 1st base, use the outside base (there will be two bases at first to keep from running into each other).
8) No Outfielder can advance in front of the "Invisible Line" until the kicker has touched the ball (the invisible line is a line that crosses the pitchers mound from 1st to 3rd).
9) There are no strikes or balls
10) Refer to rule number 1
If your new to kickball and have questions, or want to practice, I will be there early.
We will be playing on field number 6...its next to the pool.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS....IF YOUR PLANS CHANGE, AND YOU CAN'T MAKE IT....IT'S OKAY, BUT PLEASE UPDATE THE MEET-UP SO WE KNOW WHO ALL IS COMING, HOW MANY FIELDS WE NEED, BALLS, BASES, ETC. THANKS
Lets have fun